Betty Crocker Cooking Basics | How to Cook Everything | How to Cook Everything Fast | How to Bake Everything | The America's Test Kitchen Cooking School Cookbook | How to Cook Everything Vegetarian | Cooking Basics for Dummies | How to Boil Water | The Can't Cook Book
Mark Bittman's highly acclaimed, bestselling book How to Cook Everything is an indispensable guide for any modern cook. With How to Cook Everything The Basics he reveals how truly easy it is to learn fundamental techniques and recipes. From dicing vegetables and roasting meat, to cooking building-block meals that include salads, soups, poultry, meats, fish, sides, and desserts, Bittman explains what every home cook, particularly novices, should know.
1,000 beautiful and instructive photographs throughout the book reveal key preparation details that make every dish inviting and accessible. With clear and straightforward directions, Bittman's practical tips and variation ideas, and visual cues that accompany each of the 185 recipes, cooking with How to Cook Everything The Basics is like having Bittman in the kitchen with you.
- This is the essential teaching cookbook, with 1,000 photos illustrating every technique and recipe; the result is a comprehensive reference thatÃ¢ÂÂs both visually stunning and utterly practical.
- Special Basics features scattered throughout simplify broad subjects with sections like Ã¢ÂÂThink of Vegetables in Groups,Ã¢ÂÂ Ã¢ÂÂHow to Cook Any Grain,Ã¢ÂÂ and Ã¢ÂÂ5 Rules for Buying and Storing Seafood.Ã¢ÂÂ
- 600 demonstration photos each build on a step from the recipe to teach a core lesson, like Ã¢ÂÂCracking an Egg,Ã¢ÂÂ Ã¢ÂÂUsing Pasta Water,Ã¢ÂÂ Ã¢ÂÂRecognizing Doneness,Ã¢ÂÂ and Ã¢ÂÂCrimping the Pie Shut.Ã¢ÂÂ
- Detailed notes appear in blue type near selected images. Here Mark highlights what to look for during a particular step and offers handy advice and other helpful asides.
- Tips and variations let cooks hone their skills and be creative.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.