This new book presents a variety of important research on functional foodsâfoods that have another role related to disease prevention or health. The first section of the book includes chapters on the complicated relationships between nutrition, physical and mental health, and disease. SectionÂ two focuses on the connection between health science and food, and presents a number of case studies on the possible uses of functional foods. The book discusses important methods for nutritional interventions in relation to diseases such as obesity and other prominent health concerns in modern society.
- Nutrigenetics and metabolic diseases
- Nutrition intervention strategies to improve health
- Nutrition consumption timing around exercise sessions
- Nutritional therapies for mental disorders
- Health benefits of particular foods, such as eggs, milk, cereal, garlic, cinnamon, nuts, blueberries, etc.
- Mineral- and protein-enriched foods
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.