Effective Literacy Instruction for Learners with Complex Support Needs | Applied Behavior Analysis for Teachers | Systematic Instruction for Students with Moderate and Severe Disabilities | Children With Disabilities | Infants, Toddlers, and Caregivers | The IEP Checklist | More Language Arts, Math, and Science for Students With Severe Disabilities
A cornerstone of special education training for 30 years, this is the definitive textbook for preparing educators, counselors, and other related services professionals to teach children with severe and multiple disabilities in inclusive settings. Now in a revised, thoroughly updated, and streamlined fifth edition, this bestselling volume gives current and future educators the research and practical strategies they need to ensure the best learning outcomes for their students. Presenting a team-based, collaborative approach to education, this comprehensive text includes valuable contributions from respected experts in diverse fields, including fresh voices in special education, physical therapy, occupational therapy, communication, counseling, and pediatrics. Equally useful for preservice professionals and practicing educators in inclusive classrooms, this highly regarded textbook will fully prepare professionals to meet the educational, emotional, and health care needs of students with severe and multiple disabilities.
- New chapters on topics essential to effective practice, such as teaching strategies and transition to adulthood
- Updates based on the latest developments in special education
- Cutting-edge information on assistive technology and understanding challenging behaviors infused throughout the book
- New student-friendly features that enhance learning, such as chapter objectives, key terms, reflection questions, and challenging activities
- Engaging and instructive case stories at the start of each chapter
- New online course materials, including slides that outline key ideas to remember
- Helpful new chapter organization that introduces readers to the diverse needs of students with severe and multiple disabilities and follows up with practical teaching strategies
SELECTED TOPICS COVERED: adaptations, accommodations, and modifications * alternate assessments *assistive technology * collaborative learning strategies * communication skills * curriculum design * *IEPs * instructional planning * integration of health care and education programs * nutrition and mealtime considerations * partnerships with parents and families * physical disabilities * sensory disabilities * special health care needs * transition to adulthood
About: A cornerstone of special education training for 30 years, this is the definitive textbook for preparing educators, counselors, and other related services professionals to teach children with severe and multiple disabilities in inclusive settings.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.