- This Companion conveys the scale and variety of science fiction.
- Shows how science fiction has been used as a means of debating cultural issues.
- Essays by an international range of scholars discuss the contexts, themes and methods used by science fiction writers.
- Addresses general topics, such as the history and origins of the genre, its engagement with science and gender, and national variations of science fiction around the English-speaking world.
- Maps out connections between science fiction, television, the cinema, virtual reality technology, and other aspects of the culture.
- Includes a section focusing on major figures, such as H.G. Wells, Arthur C. Clarke, and Ursula Le Guin.
- Offers close readings of particular novels, from Mary Shelleyâs Frankenstein to Margaret Atwoodâs The Handmaidâs Tale.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.