Jump quickly to results on these stores:
Phonics and Word Identification | In Search of Understanding | 100 Activities for Developing Fluent Readers | Teaching Science for All Children | Teaching Students with Special Needs in General Education Classrooms | Human Learning | Creating Literacy Instruction for All Students
View the Reading Resources Catalog
This book broadens the scope of teaching and assessment strategies critical for addressing a wide range of abilities of children in Pre-K to Grade 3. This edition provides teachers with research-based, practical teaching and assessment strategies to support the reading development of all children in their classrooms. The book has a Question & Answer approach. Chapters 1-7 begin with a series of questions a in-service or pre-service teacher might ask. These questions are answered with research and expert opinion to help establish the importance of the major areas presented in the chapters.
- "Differentiating Reading Instruction" helps teachers to implement ideas into daily classroom instruction.
- Special emphasis on vocabulary, information text and strategic reading.
- Expanded teaching strategies for core area reading.
- Strategies, activities, and assessments. A series of teaching strategies and activities are provided for each of the major area. Assessment and teaching strategies are linked within the chapters.
- "Tips for English Language Learners" offers ideas throughout every chapter.
- Content Area Examples
- "Home School Connections" are 20 prepared letters in English and Spanish to link and reinforce important skills and strategies you teach at school with home.
Includes a CD with each book that features:
- Bonus Chapter for Writing and Spelling
- Over 120 reproducible pages in PDF format. Including: Activity Record Sheets, Activity Pages, Home-School Connections Letters.
About: The new title of this book, "Teaching Reading: Pre-K - Grade 3", broadens the scope of teaching and assessment strategies critical for addressing the wide range of abilities of children in these grades.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.