Critical Thinking: The Beginners User Manual to Improve Your Communication and Self Confidence Skills Everyday. The Tools and The Concepts for Problem Solving and Decision Making. | Critical Thinking: The Beginners User Manual to Improve Your Communication and Self Confidence Skills Everyday. The Tools and The Concepts for Problem Solving and Decision Making. | A Rulebook for Arguments | Mastering Logical Fallacies: The Definitive Guide to Flawless Rhetoric and Bulletproof Logic | The Fallacy Detective: Thirty-Eight Lessons on How to Recognize Bad Reasoning | The Catholic Journaling Bible | The Philosopher's Toolkit | The Thinking Toolbox
- Updated and improved homework exercises—nearly one third are new—to ensure that the examples continue to resonate with students.
- Increased coverage of scientific reasoning, demonstrating how scientific reasoning dovetails with critical thinking more generally
- Two new activities in which students analyze arguments in their original form, as provided in brief selections from the original texts.
- The entire text of Rulebook, supplemented with extensive explanations and exercises.
- Homework exercises adapted from a wide range of arguments in a wide variety of sources.
- Practical advice to help students succeed.
- Model answers to odd-numbered problems, including commentaries on the strengths and weaknesses of selected sample answers and further discussion of some of the substantive intellectual, philosophical, or ethical issues they raise.
- Detailed instructions for in-class activities and take-home assignments.
- An appendix on mapping arguments, giving students a solid introduction to this vital skill in constructing complex and multi-step arguments and evaluating them.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.