The Seven Deadly Virtues
The Christmas season is a minefield of terrors: The family get-togethers with weird uncles, the sloppy office parties, the annoying 10-page Look-at-Us holiday lettersâand we havenât even mentioned the Black Friday mobs and that wretched Alvin and the Chipmunks song that plays every 90 minutes on Pandora, whether you like it or not. Rum-pah-pah-pum.
And donât forget the PC police lurking around every corner looking to beat the last bits of joy and comradery out of our society. Merry Christmas? Really?
But it doesnât have to be this way. 'Tis the season to recapture the wonder of Christmas, in our hearts and in our homes and even out in the public square. The Christmas Virtues is a humorous companion for, and guide to, navigating the trials and tribulations of the holiday season. Itâs a reminder of how we can embrace the joy, hope, and love of Christmasâof the real Christmas.
And a call for us to stand up for Christmas because America needs it now, more than ever.
So sit back and enjoy the following tales by your favorite authors:
- Rob Longâs "The Christmas Spirit:Â In Defense of Ebenezer Scrooge.â
- P. J. OâRourkeâs âThe Commercialization of Christmas: God Moves (The Merchandise) in aÂ Mysterious Way.â
- Andrew Fergusonâs âJingle Bell Rock: Taking the Christ Out of Christmas Songsâ
- Matt Labashâs âHome for the Holidays: The Trials and Tribulations of Family.â
- Stephen F. Hayesâ "here Comes Santa Claus: The Wonder of Christmas Morning."
- Toby Youngâs âThe ghosts of Christmas: Holidays Past and Presentâ
- Jonah Goldbergâs âThe War on Christmas: Itâs Real, and Itâs Spectacular.â
- Christopher Buckleyâs âSaint Joseph: The Forgotten âFather Christmas.ââ
- Kirsten PowersâÂ âThe first Noel: Christmas with Jesus.â
- James Lileks'Â "Boxing Day and the Christmas Hangover."
- And More
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.