Daily Coding Problem: Get exceptionally good at coding interviews by solving one problem every day | The Hundred-Page Machine Learning Book | Introduction to Data Compression (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Multimedia Information and Systems) | Algorithms Illuminated: Part 1: The Basics | Designing Data-intensive Applications | The Data Compression Book | Data Compression
If you want to attract and retain users in the booming mobile services market, you need a quick-loading app that wonât churn through their data plans. The key is to compress multimedia and other data into smaller files, but finding the right method is tricky. This witty book helps you understand how data compression algorithms workâin theory and practiceâso you can choose the best solution among all the available compression tools.
With tables, diagrams, games, and as little math as possible, authors Colt McAnlis and Aleks Haecky neatly explain the fundamentals. Learn how compressed files are better, cheaper, and faster to distribute and consume, and how theyâll give you a competitive edge.
- Learn why compression has become crucial as data production continues to skyrocket
- Know your data, circumstances, and algorithm options when choosing compression tools
- Explore variable-length codes, statistical compression, arithmetic numerical coding, dictionary encodings, and context modeling
- Examine tradeoffs between file size and quality when choosing image compressors
- Learn ways to compress client- and server-generated data objects
- Meet the inventors and visionaries who created data compression algorithms
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.