To accomplish this, it ushers you through online searching as a seven-step process:
(1) determining what the user really wants in the reference interview,
(2) identifying sources that are likely to produce relevant information for the userâs query,
(3) dividing the query into big ideas and combining them logically,
(4) hypothesizing whether a known item or a subject will satisfy the query,
(5) representing the query as input to the search system,
(6) conducting the search and responding strategically, and
(7) displaying retrievals, assessing them, and responding tactically.
For key concepts, Online Searching enlists multimedia, representing visually what is difficult to convey via words alone. When you analyze Online Searchingâs real search topics, search online, and compare your results with its suggested answers, youâll experience the seven-step online searching process first-hand. Included are specific recommendations about what you should teach end users about online searching and a method for quickly and efficiently familiarizing yourself with a new database and search system.
Including short video demonstrations, Online Searching is your go-to guidebook for ramping yourself up from novice to expert searcher.
About: Online Searching is a complete guide for the aspiring expert searcher, explaining important online searching concepts and practices, demonstrating them visually in figures and videos, and inviting you to get hands-on practice by completing its end-of-the-chapter questions and comparing your online experiences with its suggested answers.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.