- performing therapy in natural settings, such as school or home, to make changes in the children's social and physical environments
- acknowledging the grieving and adaptation process of families while being compassionate and understanding
- letting parents describe what they would like their child to be able to do and accomplish in the future
- putting the parents’concerns and requests first, enabling parents to deal with caring for their child
- supporting parents and reinforcing them when they have innovative and helpful ideas
- informing parents on the progress of their children and educating parents on methodologies and strategies used in FCSMany of the suggestions derived from the analysis of current data and original research in Family-Centred Assessment and Intervention in Pediatric Rehabilitation have immediate clinical applicability, allowing you to quickly adapt methods into your intervention processes. This text also provides you with information on types of evaluative methods, such as Measure of Processes of Care (MPOC) and Family-Centred Program Rating Scale (Fam PRS), that will help you determine if your FCS program is working efficiently. Emphasizing the goal of parent interaction in FCS services, Family-Centred Assessment and Intervention in Pediatric Rehabilitation offers methods that will improve your work with families and patients, making services more beneficial and relevant to the child and to their families.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.