Integrating the Arts Across the Elementary School Curriculum | Social Studies Content for Elementary and Middle School Teachers | Linguistics for Non-Linguists | Classroom Assessment for Students in Special and General Education | Second Language Learning and Language Teaching | Language in Children | Approaches and Methods in Language Teaching | Collaboration and Co-Teaching | An Introduction to Applied Linguistics
Introducing Second Language Acquisition: Perspectives and Practices represents a clear and concise introduction to the main concepts, issues, and debates in second language acquisition studies aimed specifically at undergraduates encountering the topic for the first time.
- Follows six fictitious language learners throughout the text whose stories serve to introduce various concepts and issues
- Contains specific chapters on first language acquisition and bilingualism, as well as explicit references to the most recent and important research
- Covers key topics including acquisition contexts, theoretical perspectives, language teaching methods, second language development, and individual differences (such as age, aptitude, and motivation)
- Grabs student attention with lighthearted cartoons that illustrate and reinforce key ideas
- Features a full range of pedagogical tools to aid student learning, including âlanguage learning in practiceâ textboxes; bolded new terms defined in the margins; an end-of-book glossary; self-assessment and classroom discussion questions; exercise and project ideas; and further online viewing sections
This edition also contains The Greenwood Guide to American Popular Culture
About: Alphabetically arranged entries provide a chronological survey of various aspects of American popular culture, including film, television, magazines, comic books, and best-selling books.
About: Introducing Second Language Acquisition: Perspectives and Practices represents a clear and concise introduction to the main concepts, issues, and debates in second language acquisition studies aimed specifically at undergraduates encountering the topic for the first time.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.