Jump down to see edition details for Faceoff: Hardcover | CD/Spoken Word
AUTHOR NEWS! Justice Department Honors Herbert Hovenkamp with Sherman Award - On July 29, 2008, the USDOJ Antitrust Division presented Professor Herbert Hovenkamp with the prestigious John Sherman Award for his lifetime contributions to the teaching and enforcement of antitrust law and the development of antitrust policy . This annual award is given for outstanding contributions to the field of antitrust law, the protection of American consumers, and the preservation of economic liberty. Hovenkamp's publications include some 70 articles, approximately 50 essays and book reviews, and a dozen books. He is the senior surviving author of Antitrust Law (formerly with Phillip Areeda & Donald Turner), which currently spans 21 volumes, and with Mark Janis and Mark Lemley, author of IP and Antitrust Law.
The authority of Areeda and Hovenkamp's Antitrust Law is second to none. It has been cited more than 50 times by the Supreme Court, more than 50 times by the FTC, and more than 1,050 times by the federal courts. Most recently it was cited by the Supreme Court in Pacific Bell v. linkLine Communications and Leegin Creative Leather Products v PSKS. and by the D.C. Circuit in Rambus v. FTC. No other source gives you all the law to avoid antitrust liability as you:
- Plan marketing strategies and develop pricing policies
- Structure mergers and acquisitions with attention to potential antitrust consequences
- Prove - or defend against - antitrust injury, monopolization, conspiracy, tying, and other allegation
Among the real-world examples and proven strategies you can apply directly to your own cases, you'll find clear discussions of
- Intellectual property and antitrust
- Predatory pricing
- Antitrust issues in healthcare, media, and other areas
- Monopolizing conduct
- "Substantial" market power
- Market share and buyer concentration
- Interlocking directors
- Refusals to deal
- Territorial customer limitation
- Product tying
- Contractual arbitration provisions
- Plus in-depth examination of thousands of cases
The latest release includes Volumes 4, 4A, and 5 of the Third Edition , which have been revised to include
- greatly expanded discussion of economic consequences of vertical mergers
- expanded coverage of power assessment and market definition in unilateral effects cases including, FTC v. Whole Foods Market, Inc.
- additional discussion of the relationship between entry barriers and efficiencies defense
- expanded coverage of consummated mergers and post-acquisition evidence and the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co. N.V. v. F.T.C. case
- more frequent comparisons of United States and European law.
About: Edited by #1 New York Times bestselling author David Baldacci and including stories by Michael Connelly, Lee Child, Jeffery Deaver, and more, this one-of-a-kind anthology pulls together the most beloved characters from the best and most popular thriller series today.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.