Oracle ASM 12c Pocket Reference Guide: Database Cloud Storage | Oracle PL/SQL Language | Expert Oracle Exadata | Oracle SQL Performance Tuning and Optimization | Oracle Essentials | Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Deep Dive | Oracle Database 12c New Features | Expert Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c | The Method R Guide to Mastering Oracle Trace Data
Leverage your Oracle DBA skills on Microsoft SQL Server 2008
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Administration for Oracle DBAs shows you how to use your experience as an Oracle DBA to get up to speed quickly on the Microsoft SQL Server platform. Authors with real-world expertise in both Oracle and SQL Server introduce you to fundamental concepts, such as SQL Server architecture and core administration, before guiding you through advanced techniques, including performance optimization, high availability and disaster recovery. Platform comparisons, on-the-job examples, and answers to questions raised by Oracle DBAs learning the SQL Server environment help build your skills. This practical guide shows you how to:
- Identify the components of the SQL Server platform
- Understand SQL Server architecture
- Install and configure SQL Server software and client components
- Define and manage database objects
- Implement and administer database security
- Monitor, identify, and resolve performance issues
- Design and implement high availability, system backup, and disaster recovery strategies
- Automate SQL Server using built-in scheduling and alerting capabilities
- Import and export data to and from SQL Server and other RDBMS platforms
- Upgrade existing SQL Server installations and migrate Oracle databases to SQL Server
About: Leverage your Oracle DBA skills on Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Administration for Oracle DBAs shows you how to use your experience as an Oracle DBA to get up to speed quickly on the Microsoft SQL Server platform.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.