Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Your one-stop guide to Linux--fully revised and expanded
Get in-depth coverage of all Linux features, tools, and utilities from this thoroughly updated and comprehensive resource, designed for all Linux distributions. Written by Linux expert Richard Petersen, this book explains how to get up-and-running on Linux, use the desktops and shells, manage applications, deploy servers, implement security measures, and handle system and network administration tasks.
With full coverage of the latest platform, Linux: The Complete Reference, Sixth Edition includes details on the very different and popular Debian (Ubuntu) and Red Hat/Fedora software installation and service management tools used by most distributions. This is a must-have guide for all Linux users.
- Install, configure, and administer any Linux distribution
- Work with files and folders from the BASH, TCSH, and Z shells
- Use the GNOME and KDE desktops, X Windows, and display managers
- Set up office, database, Internet, and multimedia applications
- Secure data using SELinux, netfilter, SSH, and Kerberos
- Encrypt network transmissions with GPG, LUKS, and IPsec
- Deploy FTP, Web, mail, proxy, print, news, and database servers
- Administer system resources using HAL, udev, and virtualization (KVM and Xen)
- Configure and maintain IPv6, DHCPv6, NIS, networking, and remote access
- Access remote files and devices using NFSv4, GFS, PVFS, NIS, and SAMBA
About: Focusing on the latest Red Hat and Caldera versions of Linux, this valuable reference presents a task-oriented approach to Linux system administration and applications, as well as new sections on Linux desktops and programming, networking, Internet access, the latest kernel, and tools, commands, and utilities.
This edition also contains Chakra Balancing Kit: A Guide to Healing and Awakening Your Energy Body
This edition also contains IBM i5/iSeries Primer: Concepts And Techniques for Programmers, Administrators, And System Operators
About: This is a guide to Linux, the UNIX-variant operating system.
This edition also contains Lead Markets for Environmental Innovations (
About: A step-by-step guide for UNIX operators covers everything from installation through such advanced features as troubleshooting and programming, and places special emphasis on communications and connectivity.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.