Get a comprehensive, in-depth introduction to the core Python language with this hands-on book. Based on author Mark Lutzâs popular training course, this updated fifth edition will help you quickly write efficient, high-quality code with Python. Itâs an ideal way to begin, whether youâre new to programming or a professional developer versed in other languages.
Complete with quizzes, exercises, and helpful illustrations, this easy-to-follow, self-paced tutorial gets you started with both Python 2.7 and 3.3â the latest releases in the 3.X and 2.X linesâplus all other releases in common use today. Youâll also learn some advanced language features that recently have become more common in Python code.
- Explore Pythonâs major built-in object types such as numbers, lists, and dictionaries
- Create and process objects with Python statements, and learn Pythonâs general syntax model
- Use functions to avoid code redundancy and package code for reuse
- Organize statements, functions, and other tools into larger components with modules
- Dive into classes: Pythonâs object-oriented programming tool for structuring code
- Write large programs with Pythonâs exception-handling model and development tools
- Learn advanced Python tools, including decorators, descriptors, metaclasses, and Unicode processing
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.