Viscous Fluid Flow | An Introduction to Fluid Dynamics | Fluid Mechanics | Computational Fluid Mechanics and Heat Transfer | Polymer Chemistry | Viscious Fluid Flow | Statistical Thermodynamics and Stochastic Kinetics | Vectors, Tensors and the Basic Equations of Fluid Mechanics
The most teachable book on incompressible flowâ now fully revised, updated, and expanded
Incompressible Flow, Fourth Edition is the updated and revised edition of Ronald Panton's classic text. It continues a respected tradition of providing the most comprehensive coverage of the subject in an exceptionally clear, unified, and carefully paced introduction to advanced concepts in fluid mechanics. Beginning with basic principles, this Fourth Edition patiently develops the math and physics leading to major theories. Throughout, the book provides a unified presentation of physics, mathematics, and engineering applications, liberally supplemented with helpful exercises and example problems.
Revised to reflect students' ready access to mathematical computer programs that have advanced features and are easy to use, Incompressible Flow, Fourth Edition includes:
- Several more exact solutions of the Navier-Stokes equations
- Classic-style Fortran programs for the Hiemenz flow, the Psi-Omega method for entrance flow, and the laminar boundary layer program, all revised into MATLAB
- A new discussion of the global vorticity boundary restriction
- A revised vorticity dynamics chapter with new examples, including the ring line vortex and the Fraenkel-Norbury vortex solutions
- A discussion of the different behaviors that occur in subsonic and supersonic steady flows
- Additional emphasis on composite asymptotic expansions
Incompressible Flow, Fourth Edition is the ideal coursebook for classes in fluid dynamics offered in mechanical, aerospace, and chemical engineering programs.
About: The most teachable book on incompressible flowâ now fully revised, updated, and expanded Incompressible Flow, Fourth Edition is the updated and revised edition of Ronald Panton's classic text.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.