Essentials of Strength Training and Conditioning | Physical Activity Epidemiology | Manual of Structural Kinesiology | Physiology of Sport and Exercise | ACSM's Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription | Acsm's Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription | Acsm's Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription
Integrating basic anatomy, physics, calculus, and physiology, this fundamental text offers you a solid introduction to the study of biomechanics. By focusing on movement patterns of muscle groups rather than individual muscles, this text provides you with a holistic understanding of human movement.
Chapters are organized into three major parts: Foundations of Human Movement, Functional Anatomy, and Mechanical Analysis of Human Motion. Organized in a logical progression, each chapter begins with basic principles and math concepts and then helps you move on to more advanced concepts and applications.
Features to Help You Master Biomechanics—
- New areas of coverage include physical activity and bone formation, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, factors influencing force and velocity development in muscle, and the effect of training on muscle activation.
- MaxTRAQ motion analysis software offers you an easy-to-use tool to track data and analyze various motions selected by the authors.
- New and updated examples from sports, ergonomics, orthopedics, and exercise science illustrate the principles of human movement.
- Highlight boxes draw your attention to and reinforce key concepts and applications.
- Review questions gauge your comprehension and help you apply the material to real-world problems.
This text's quantitative approach, coupled with its many examples and hands-on exercises, enables you to understand the fundamentals of biomechanics.
About: ere is the textbook that makes the connection between functional anatomy, biomechanics, and the realities of exercise, rehabilitation, and sports - focusing on movement patterns of muscle groups rather than individual muscles.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.