C# 7.1 and .NET Core 2.0 - Modern Cross-Platform Development - Third Edition: Create powerful applications with .NET Standard 2.0, ASP.NET Core 2.0, ... Visual Studio 2017 or Visual Studio Code | Pro ASP.NET Core MVC 2 | C# 7.0 in a Nutshell: The Definitive Reference | Effective C# | The Art of Unit Testing with ebook | Designing Data-intensive Applications | Concurrency in C# Cookbook
In More Effective C#, Second Edition, world-renowned .NET expert Bill Wagner identifies and illuminates 50 intermediate-to-advanced techniques for writing exceptionally robust and well-performing C# 7.0 code. Reflecting the growing sophistication of the C# language and its development community, Wagner presents powerful new solutions to problems you’re likely to encounter every day.
Through three editions of Effective C#, Wagner’s clear explanations, expert tips, and realistic code examples have proven invaluable to hundreds of thousands of developers. With the publication of this title, Effective C#, Third Edition, and More Effective C#, Second Edition, have been completely reorganized to provide clear explanations, expert tips, and realistic code examples in a cohesive package for modern C#. More Effective C#, Second Edition, brings the same proven approach to the new features in C# 7.0, helping you perform familiar tasks more efficiently and effectively.
Drawing on his unsurpassed C# experience and key role on global C# standards committees, Wagner addresses object-oriented, functional, and service-oriented approaches to managing data with C#; better ways to express your intent to users and other programmers; and new opportunities to leverage powerful asynchronous and dynamic programming techniques.
- Use properties instead of accessible data members (Item 1)
- Distinguish between value and reference types (Item 4)
- Understand relationships among multiple concepts of equality (Item 9)
- Avoid conversion operators in your APIs (Item 11)
- Understand how interface and virtual methods differ (Item 15)
- Avoid overloading methods defined in base classes (Item 19)
- Create method groups that are clear, minimal, and complete (Item 22)
- Enable immediate error reporting in iterators and async methods (Item 26)
- Use async methods for async work (Item 27)
- Avoid thread allocations and context switches (Item 30)
- Construct PLINQ parallel algorithms with exceptions in mind (Item 36)
- Use the thread pool instead of creating threads (Item 37)
- Use BackgroundWorker for cross-thread communication (Item 38)
- Use the smallest possible scope for lock handles (Item 41)
- Understand the pros and cons of dynamic programming (Item 43)
- Make full use of the expression API (Item 46)
- Minimize dynamic objects in public APIs (Item 47)
You’re already a successful C# programmer: this book will make you an outstanding one.
Content Update Program: This book is part of the InformIT Content Update Program. As updates are made to C#, sections of this book will be updated or new sections will be added to match updates to the technologies.
Register your product at informit.com/register for convenient access to downloads, updates, and corrections as they become available.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.