Leadership Roles and Management Functions in Nursing: Theory and Application | Community As Partner | Legal and Ethical Issues in Nursing | Understanding Nursing Research | Critical Thinking, Clinical Reasoning, and Clinical Judgment | Transcultural Concepts in Nursing Care | Leadership & Nursing Care Management
Covering the nurse’s role in promoting community health, Community/Public Health Nursing, 6th Edition provides a unique ‘upstream’ preventive focus and a strong social justice approach in a concise, easy-to-read text. It shows how you, as a nurse, can take an active role in social action and health policy – especially in caring for diverse and vulnerable population groups. Written by community health nursing experts Mary A. Nies and Melanie McEwen, this book offers clinical examples and photo novellas showing how concepts apply to the real world, and describes the issues and responsibilities of today’s community and public health nursing.
- UNIQUE! ‘Upstream’ preventive focus addresses factors that are the precursors to poor health in the community, addressing potential health problems before they occur.
- UNIQUE! Emphasis on community aspects in all steps of the nursing process highlights the community perspective in all health situations.
- UNIQUE! A ‘social justice’ approach promotes health for all people, including vulnerable populations.
- UNIQUE! Photo novellas use photographs to tell stories showing real-life clinical scenarios and applications of important community health nursing roles.
- Research Highlights boxes show the application of research studies to the practice of community nursing.
- Clinical examples offer snippets of real-life client situations.
- Case Study: Application of the Nursing Process feature presents practical and manageable examples for the theory, concepts, and application of the nursing process.
- Ethical Insights boxes highlight ethical issues and concerns that the community/public health nurse may encounter.
- Objectives, key terms, and chapter outlines at the beginning of every chapter introduce important concepts and terminology.
- NEW and UNIQUE! Veterans' Health boxes present situations and considerations related to the care of veterans.
- UPDATED Economics of Health Care chapter addresses the latest changes related to health care reform.
- UPDATED Healthy People 2020 boxes include the most current national health care objectives.
- UPDATED Communicable Disease chapter covers current public health surveillance and outbreaks of emerging health threats, including emerging infections (e.g., H1N1, SARS, West Nile virus).
About: This money saving package includes Community/Public Health Nursing Online for Nies and McEwen: Community/Public Health Nursing (User Guide and Access Code) and the 5th edition of Community/Public Health Nursing Textbook.
This edition also contains Community/Public Health Nursing: Promoting the Health of Populations
About: Covering the nurse’s role in promoting community health, Community/Public Health Nursing, 6th Edition provides a unique ‘upstream’ preventive focus and a strong social justice approach in a concise, easy-to-read text.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.