The Dramatic Portrait: The Art of Crafting Light and Shadow | The Photographer's Guide to Posing: Techniques to Flatter Everyone | Mastering Portrait Photography | Lighting for Digital Photography | Night Photography | Picture Perfect Posing | The Complete Portrait Manual
Starting with the fundamentals of portrait photography, including how to select the right camera settings and lenses and how to compose your shots, Erik covers building a rapport with your subject, and offers suggestions for poses that flatter your subject to achieve great shots. He then addresses the problems and opportunities of both natural and indoor light, offering ways to resolve lighting challenges of both, showing when and how to use a flash and how to add and modify light to improve the quality of your images. Finally, he walks through several portrait scenarios, including creating single-person shots such as headshots and environmental shots, and group shots such as family and wedding photos.
Follow along with Erik and you will:
- Learn the basics of capturing great portraits, such as focusing on the eyes, stepping back and zooming in, and turning your subject into the light
- Evaluate focal length, compression, and working distance to select the best lens for any given shoot
- Establish trust with your subject and provide helpful direction and feedback so they feel at ease and look their best
- Address challenges associated with natural light such as shade and direct light–and tame or redirect the light for improved photographs
- Improve the light with modifiers and other helpful tools such as strobes, umbrellas, and reflectors
- Go “behind the scenes” and walk through the process of creating great portraits with two chapters of start-to-finish examples
Beautifully illustrated with large, vibrant photos, this book teaches you how to take control of your photography to get the portraits you want every time you pick up your camera.
About: In Portrait Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots, author and photographer Erik Valind shows you how to get the best shots of your subjects–whether you’re in a studio or outdoors, at a family get-together, or at a formal event.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.