Unix and Linux System Administration Handbook | Mike Meyers' Comptia A+ Guide to Managing and Troubleshooting PCs | Linux Pocket Guide | Linux Command Line and Shell Scripting Bible + Website | C Primer Plus | The Linux Command Line | A Book on C
The Most Useful Tutorial and Reference, with Hundreds of High-Quality Examples for Every Popular Linux Distribution
âFirst Sobell taught people how to use Linux . . . now he teaches you the power of Linux. A must-have book for anyone who wants to take Linux to the next level.â
âJon âmaddogâ Hall, Executive Director, Linux International
Discover the Power of LinuxâCovers macOS, too!
- Learn from hundreds of realistic, high-quality examples, and become a true command-line guru
- Covers MariaDB, DNF, and Python 3
- 300+ page reference section covers 102 utilities, including macOS commands
For use with all popular versions of Linux, including Ubuntu,â¢ Fedora,â¢ openSUSE,â¢ Red Hat,Â® Debian, Mageia, Mint, Arch, CentOS, and macOS
ÂLinux is todayâs dominant Internet server platform. System administrators and Web developers need deep Linux fluency, including expert knowledge of shells and the command line. This is the only guide with everything you need to achieve that level of Linux mastery. Renowned Linux expert Mark Sobell has brought together comprehensive, insightful guidance on the tools sysadmins, developers, and power users need most, and has created an outstanding day-to-day reference, updated with assistance from new coauthor Matthew Helmke.
This title is 100 percent distribution and release agnostic. Packed with hundreds of high-quality, realistic examples, it presents Linux from the ground up: the clearest explanations and most useful information about everything from filesystems to shells, editors to utilities, and programming tools to regular expressions.
Use a Mac? Youâll find coverage of the macOS command line, including macOS-only tools and utilities that other Linux/UNIX titles ignore.
A Practical Guide to LinuxÂ® Commands, Editors, and Shell Programming, Fourth Edition, is the only guide to deliver
- A MariaDB chapter to get you started with this ubiquitous relational database management system (RDBMS)
- A masterful introduction to Python for system administrators and power users
- In-depth coverage of the bash and tcsh shells, including a complete discussion of environment, inheritance, and process locality, plus coverage of basic and advanced shell programming
- Practical explanations of core utilities, from aspell to xargs, including printf and sshfs/curlftpfs, PLUS macOSâspecific utilities from ditto to SetFile
- Expert guidance on automating remote backups using rsync
- Dozens of system security tips, including step-by-step walkthroughs of implementing secure communications using ssh and scp
- Tips and tricks for customizing the shell, including step values, sequence expressions, the eval builtin, and implicit command-line continuation
- High-productivity editing techniques using vim and emacs
- A comprehensive, 300-plus-page command reference section covering 102 utilities, including find, grep, sort, and tar
- Instructions for updating systems using apt-get and dnf
- And much more, including coverage of BitTorrent, gawk, sed, find, sort, bzip2, and regular expressions
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.