With the introduction of OS-specific Multi-Processing Modules (MPMs) and the Apache Portable Runtime, Apache 2.0 runs on more platforms with greater ease. Apache 2.0 brings a significant revision of the Apache build system, a more powerful architecture, and numerous improvements and additions to modules and directives. This book provides a comprehensive guide to all that is new in Apache 2.0, together with the most recent enhancements to Apache 1.3. New capabilities, support for embedded scripting, performance tuning, monitoring, and server security are presented in focused, easily applied sections. What does this book cover?
- The Apache 2.0 web server, including upgrades and updates from Apache 1.3
- New features in Apache 1.3, and migration of Apache 1.3 servers to Apache 2.0
- Installing Apache from a binary distribution or building from source for UNIX and Windows
- Delivering dynamic content efficiently and securely with CGI and FastCGI
- Virtual hosting with Apache - simple, complex, and en masse
- Proxying and caching, fault tolerance and clustering, and benchmarking of Apache servers
- Monitoring and securing Apache servers
- Extending Apache with third-party modules for Perl, Python, PHP, Tcl, Java, Ruby, and WebDAV
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.