Click to show details on same page as prices
John Wiley & Sons Inc
November 9, 2010
0.75 by 7.50 by 9.25 in.
Original list price
Amazon.com description: Product Description
: PROFESSIONAL TECHNIQUES FOR MODERN LAYOUT
Smashing CSS takes you well beyond the basics, covering not only the finer points of layout and effects, but introduces you to the future with HTML5 and CSS3. Very few in the industry can show you the ins and outs of CSS like Eric Meyer and inside Smashing CSS Eric provides techniques that are thorough, utterly useful, and universally applicable in the real world. From choosing the right tools, to CSS effects and CSS3 techniques with jQuery, Smashing CSS is the practical guide to building modern web layouts.
With Smashing CSS you will learn how to:
- Throw elements offscreen/hide them
- Create body/HTML backgrounds in XHTML
- Usemore than 15 layout techniques including clearfix, two/three simple columns, faux columns, One True Layout, Holy Grail, em-based layout, fluid grids, sticky footers, and more
- Use a variety of CSS effects including CSS popups, boxpunching, rounded corners, CSS sprites, Sliding Doors, Liquid Bleach, ragged floats, and more
- Apply CSS table styling including using thead, tfoot, and tbody, row headers, column-oriented styling (classes); styling data tables with jQuery, tables to graphs, tables to maps; and more
- Use CSS3 elements including rounded corners, multiple backgrounds, RGBA, using jQuery to do CSS3 selections and so much more.
Smashing Magazine (smashingmagazine.com) is one of the world's most popular web design sites. True to the Smashing mission, the Smashing Magazine book series delivers useful and innovative information to Web designers and developers.
Recency: These prices were retrieved a few seconds ago. The price comparison took about 5 seconds.
Shipping costs: The shipping cost shown by default, if you choose to display it, is the cheapest available for your destination.
Sales tax inclusion: If you set up an account with isbn.nu, live in the United States, and specify your state, you can choose to show shipping fees in price results. In this case, we include the sales tax whenever we can determine that such tax is charged by a store for delivery to your state.
Orders shipped across national borders or for countries other than the U.S.: Neither the sales price nor the shipping includes VAT, GST, customs, or other applicable taxes. Please consult the store to determine exact fees.
No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.
Is information about the book missing or in error? Want to know more about where our bibliographic and pricing details come from? Report corrections and find out about isbn.nu's information sources here.