This book deals directly with the characteristics of the relationships that the leader builds in the context of the work environment.ÃÂ It argues that the prevailing work community work culture is intended to help the leader lead but, increasingly it impedes the leaderÃ¢ÂÂs work.ÃÂ ÃÂ Leadership is a function of the leaderÃ¢ÂÂs values, attitudes, and aspirations: leadership flows from the leaderÃ¢ÂÂs spiritual character-defining core essence.ÃÂ However, the author argues thatÃÂ cultural forces coming from both inside and outside the workplace, oftenÃÂ designed to promote diversity,ÃÂ inclusivity, andÃÂ tolerance,ÃÂ have introduced into the work culture values and behavior that are pathological toÃÂ executing effectiveÃÂ leadership and detrimental to the health of work communities. While attractive on the surface, these new values are toxic to the idea of relationship and thus threaten the work community culture, in effect "killing leadership."
This book will arm leaders with the tools, resources, and techniques to recognize and overcome workplace pathologies.ÃÂ After reading this book, leaders will:
- have a complete understanding of the key principles of spirit-based values leadershipÃÂ
- see clearly that the leaderÃ¢ÂÂs values shape both the leaderÃ¢ÂÂs one-on-one relationships with coworkers and are at the center of the work culture they create to re-enforce coworker actions and decisions
- appreciate more fully the power of the ambient work culture to influence coworkers toward leader set values and methods guiding the work community
- know the toxic effect on doing leadership of introducing non-work values and standards into the work community culture understand the arguments against allowing subgroups of the work community to form and practice values opposed to the values the leader has set for the full group
- be better prepared to deal with the consequences of encountering evil, hatred and/or fear in the workplace
- realize that not all coworkers are uniformly honest and truthful and learn ways to counter this behavior and still accomplish the work communityÃ¢ÂÂs goals and ensure its productivity
The result is a pragmatic approach to aligning values, behaviors, and performance, while enhancing the principles of effective and positive leadership throughout the organization.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.