Grammar for the Well-Trained Mind: Purple Workbook: A Complete Course for Young Writers, Aspiring Rhetoricians, and Anyone Else Who Needs to ... Works (Grammar for the Well-Trained Mind) | The Fallacy Detective: Thirty-Eight Lessons on How to Recognize Bad Reasoning | Writing With Skill, Level One Instructor Text | Writing With Skill, Level One | The Creative Writer | The Creative Writer | The Creative Writer
The second volume of the four-book series that guides students into the creation of sophisticated short fiction and mature poetry.
- Complements Peace Hill Press’s expository series Writing With Skill by providing the imaginative element that many students want.
- Unlike most “how to write” books, these are designed to be used in a mentor/student relationship, with teaching, guidance, and evaluation tips provided for the mentor or teacher.
- All exercises build towards the production of finished creative pieces.
- Sequential, logical, step-by-step instruction.
- The second level builds on the introductory volume, The Creative Writer: Five Finger Exercises, but can be started directly by older students.
- Instruction in the five essentials of fiction: plot, characters, dialogue, point of view, and setting.
- Offers guidance in the essential art of poetry: sound, rhythm, word choice, and poem construction.