Mastering Active Directory: Understand the Core Functionalities of Active Directory Services Using Microsoft Server 2016 and PowerShell | Mastering Windows PowerShell Scripting - Second Edition: One-stop guide to automating administrative tasks | Learning PowerShell DSC - Second Edition: Automate deployment and configuration of your servers | MCSA Windows Server 2016 Cert Guide Library (Exams 70-740, 70-741, and 70-742) (Certification Guide) | Windows Server 2016 Unleashed (includes Content Update Program) | Learn Windows PowerShell in a Month of Lunches | Windows PowerShell Cookbook
- Automate Windows server tasks with the powerful features of the PowerShell Language
- Master new features such as DevOps, containers, and Nano servers, and speed up their performance using PowerShell
- Improve PowerShell's usability, and control and manage Windows-based environments by working through inviting recipes
This book showcases several ways that Windows administrators can use to automate and streamline their job. You'll start with the PowerShell and Windows Server fundamentals, where you'll become well versed with PowerShell and Windows Server features.
In the next module, Core Windows Server 2016, you'll implement Nano Server, manage Windows updates, and implement troubleshooting and server inventories. You'll then move on to the Networking module, where you'll manage Windows network services and network shares.
The last module covers Azure and DSC, where you will use Azure on PowerShell and DSC to easily maintain Windows servers.
What you will learn
- Streamline routine administration processes
- Improve the performance and storage of your Windows server with enhanced large-scale PowerShell scripts
- Use DSC to leverage Windows server features
- Generate automatic reports that highlight unexpected changes in your environment
- Monitor performance and report on system utilization using detailed graphs and analysis
- Create and manage a reliable and redundant Hyper-V environment
- Manage your enterprise's patch level
- Utilize multiple tools and protocols to manage your environment
About the Author
Thomas Lee is a consultant/trainer/writer from England and has been in the IT business since the late 1960's. After graduating from Carnegie Mellon University, Thomas joined ComShare where he was a systems programmer building the Commander II time-sharing operating system, a forerunner of today's Cloud computing paradigm. He moved to Comshare UK in 1975 and later went to work for ICL, again developing operating systems. After a sabbatical in 1980/81, he joined Arthur Andersen Management Consultants (now known as Accenture). He left in 1988 to run his own consulting and training business, which is still active today.
Thomas holds numerous Microsoft certifications, including MCSE (one of the first in the world) and later versions, MCT (22 years), and was awarded Microsoft's MVP award 17 times. He is also a Fellow of the British Computer Society. He has written extensively for the UK trade press, including PC Pro.
Today, Thomas writes and talks mainly on PowerShell and Azure. He currently works for a number of clients to deliver training and to build training courses. Having traveled the world, he entered semi-retirement in 2016 and is spending more time at his cottage in the English countryside, along with his wife, Susan, and their daughter, Rebecca. He continues to give back to the community and spends a lot of time as group administrator for the PowerShell forum on Spiceworks, where he is also a Moderator.
Table of Contents
- Whats new in PowerShell and Windows Server
- Implementing NanoServer
- Managing Windows Updates
- Managing Printers
- Managing Server Backup
- Managing Performance
- Troubleshooting Servers
- Managing Windows Network Services
- Managing Network Shares
- Managing Internet Information Server
- Managing Hyper-V
- Managing Azure
- Using Desired State Configuration
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.