About This Book
- Understand how Web 2.0 is made by powerful browser-based applications
- Step-by-step tutorial that will show you how fast, complex web applications can be built
Who This Book Is For
This book is based on Meteor 1.0.
What You Will Learn
- Create reactive templates that update themselves when data changes
- Use database queries on the client and the server to retrieve, sort, and manipulate datasets
- Understand data synchronization using a publication/subscription model and make API calls a thing of the past
- Discover how you can secure your data flow on the server side to keep confidential data secret
- Add routing to a single-page application and make it appear like a real website
- Build your own advanced reactive objects and make everything rerun when you want
- Make your own Meteor packages and learn how to make them public
- Unit test your packages and Meteor applications
You will start with the basic concepts and folder structure of a Meteor project, learning how Meteor templates work. Learn how to retrieve and send data to the server and manipulate the database content. Routing will later make your example app look and behave like a real website. Next, you'll get to grips with Meteor's reactivity concept that can rerun functions when data changes while you're building your own reactive object, and package it later for drop-in use. After your app is ready, the book continues with ways of deploying your app on different types of servers. Finally, we will take a look at testing packages and the application itself.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.