Graph Data Modeling for NoSQL and SQL | Head First Design Patterns | Next Generation Databases | Big Data | NoSQL for Mere Mortals | Seven Databases in Seven Weeks | Data Modeling for MongoDB | MongoDB Applied Design Patterns | Data Model Scorecard
- the simple and familiar graphical notation of COMN with its three basic shapes and four line styles
- how to think about objects, concepts, types, and classes in the real world, using the ordinary meanings of English words that aren't tangled with confused techno-speak
- how to express logical data designs that are freer from implementation considerations than is possible in any other notation
- how to understand key-value, document, columnar, and table-oriented database designs in logical and physical terms
- how to use COMN to specify physical database implementations in any NoSQL or SQL database with the precision necessary for model-driven development
"I believe that this is a breakthrough modeling technique - and it is technique, not just notation. COMN provides notation to handle all of the constructs that E-R techniques don't do well, and it steps up to the problem of linking physical and conceptual models. . . . I'm convinced that COMN is the future of data modeling."
Dave Wells, BI and Analytics Educator and Consultant, Infocentric