Much has changed in the ten years since the publication of the first edition of Women-at-Law. But, unfortunately, much has also stayed the same. Women are still confronting issues of promotions and equal pay, while also struggling to maintain a healthy work/life balance. But no woman is alone in the legal profession, and Women-at-Law, Second Edition is the guide that proves it. Author Phyllis Epstein has interviewed over 500 women lawyers of all ages, backgrounds, and lifestyles nationwide to address how women today are meeting the challenges of competing in the legal profession without sacrificing their home and family lives as well. This updated edition includes:
- Wisdom and experience from women lawyers sharing their life experiences
- Taking a time out from a legal careerâand making a comeback
- The intricacies and rewards of juggling a personal and professional life
- If the option of part-time work is right, and how to make it work
- Updated research on topics like attrition of women lawyers, schedule demands, and the unique focus women can bring to the profession
Women-at-Law provides women with ideas and suggestions about how to deal with their professional and personal goals and challenges and make the compromises required to "have it allââeven when "having it all" can be different for each individual. You'll learn that, with some effort, a woman can redirect her career, home life, and interests in the long journey that is a successful life.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.