Life After Law
This book covers both the practical and ethical considerations for lawyers taking a break in service for a variety of (voluntary and involuntary) reasons, including temporary leaves of absence, taking care of family, changing careers, disciplinary actions, and retirement. The book focuses on the importance of pre-planning, addresses the considerations unique to each reason for a break, and shares stories and advice from a broad population of lawyers who have taken a break from service for each of these reasons, including:
- Nathan Sawaya – corporate lawyer turned internationally famous Lego brick artist
- Jill Donovan – litigator turned nationally renowned celebrity jewelry designer
- Laurel Bellows - Past President, American Bar Association
- Todd Singer – former Oklahoma State Judge and litigator and currently a history teacher for an underserved community
- Marc Luber – former entertainment lawyer and founder of the award-winning video website: JDCareersOutThere.com
- Amy Impellizzeri – former Skadden Arps litigator turned best-selling author
- And more!
As former law partner-turned-law professor/author, Liz Brown, said in her Foreword to Lawyer Interrupted: “What Lawyer Interrupted does, more than any other book to date, is collect the best advice for all stages and types of career questioning that lawyers may have and to present it in an immensely enjoyable and highly readable way.”
This book is innovative, practical, concrete, and substantive. The author provides extensive resources to enable readers to explore relevant situations in more detail.
About: This book covers both the practical and ethical considerations for lawyers taking a break in service for a variety of (voluntary and involuntary) reasons, including temporary leaves of absence, taking care of family, changing careers, disciplinary actions, and retirement.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.