All lawyers face the challenges of incorporating marketing and business development into their practice, but women lawyers in particular may not know how best to identify and leverage their innate strengths that will lead to successful rainmaking. One size does not fit all when it comes to cultivating a lucrative book of business, and it may take a bit of trial and error to learn what works best for you.
Marketing Success: How Did She Do That? Women Lawyers Show You How to Move Beyond Tips to Implementation takes marketing from “what to do” to “how it is done successfully.” The book covers best practices in the legal industry through interviews with women rainmakers on how they succeeded using the most current approaches to marketing and business development. Topics include these and more:
- Networking to create mutually supportive relationships
- Communicating thoughts, opinions, and ideas effectively―in person and through traditional writing and social media
- Getting your name in front of peers, referral sources, and prospects
- Using public speaking to increase visibility, earn professional respect, and win clients
- Developing and building a distinctive personal brand
- Using software, mobile applications, and social media to enhance your business
- Converting prospects into clients
This book tells the true stories of how 46 successful women lawyers each made marketing work and ultimately won clients―again and again. This insightful collection of anecdotes on creative and profitable marketing techniques will inspire you and teach you to do the same.
About: All lawyers face the challenges of incorporating marketing and business development into their practice, but women lawyers in particular may not know how best to identify and leverage their innate strengths that will lead to successful rainmaking.