The Harvard Business Review Leader's Handbook: Make an Impact, Inspire Your Organization, and Get to the Next Level (HBR Handbooks) | The Harvard Business Review Entrepreneur's Handbook: Everything You Need to Launch and Grow Your New Business (HBR Handbooks) | HBR's 10 Must Reads for New Managers (with bonus article âHow Managers Become Leadersâ by Michael D. Watkins) (HBR's 10 Must Reads) | HBR's 10 Must-Reads on Managing People | HBR's 10 Must Reads on Managing Yourself | Harvard Business Review's 20-Minute Manager | HBR Guide to Coaching Employees
Whether youâre a new manager or looking to have more influence in your current management role, the challenges you face come in all shapes and sizesÂa direct reportâs anxious questions, your bossâs last-minute assignment of an important presentation, or a blank business case staring you in the face. To reach your full potential in these situations, you need to master a new set of business and personal skills.
Packed with step-by-step advice and wisdom from Harvard Business Reviewâs management archive, the HBR Managerâs Handbook provides best practices on topics from understanding key financial statements and the fundamentals of strategy to emotional intelligence and building your employeesâ trust. The bookâs brief sections allow you to home in quickly on the solutions you need right awayÂor take a deeper dive if you need more context.
Keep this comprehensive guide with you throughout your career and be a more impactful leader in your organization.
In the HBR Managerâs Handbook youâll find:
- Step-by-step guidance through common managerial tasks
- Short sections and chapters that you can turn to quickly as a need arises
- Self-assessments throughout
- Exercises and templates to help you practice and apply the concepts in the book
- Concise explanations of the latest research and thinking on important management skills from Harvard Business Review experts such as Dan Goleman, Clayton Christensen, John Kotter, and Michael Porter
- Real-life stories from working managers
- Recaps and action items at the end of each chapter that allow you to reinforce or review the ideas quickly
The skills covered in the book include:
- Transitioning into a leadership role
- Building trust and credibility
- Developing emotional intelligence
- Becoming a person of influence
- Developing yourself as a leader
- Giving effective feedback
- Leading teams
- Fostering creativity
- Mastering the basics of strategy
- Learning to use financial tools
- Developing a business case
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.