Frommer's Easyguide to 2017 Washington, D.C. | Insiders' Guide to Williamsburg and Virginia's Historic Triangle | Fodor's the Carolinas & Georgia | Backroads & Byways of Virginia | Rand McNally Virginia Folded Map | Virginia | Moon Blue Ridge & Smoky Mountains
Journey through history with Moon Virginia, from bustling cities and small towns to colorful coastlines and misty mountains.
What you'll find in Moon Virginia:
- Strategic itineraries for any budget and timeline, from two days in Washington DC to ten days exploring the whole state
- Detailed maps and handy reference photos throughout
- Curated advice for history buffs, foodies, outdoor adventurers, families, beach-goers, and more
- Must-see attractions and off-beat ideas for making the most of your trip: Visit Revolutionary War battlefields and hear the stories behind Civil War landmarks, or immerse yourself in history in Colonial Williamsburg. Stroll the Virginia Beach boardwalk or ride the coasters at Busch Gardens. See world-class museums and monuments in the nation's capital, wander historic downtown Charlottesville, or visit the homes of former presidents like Jefferson and Washington. Hike sections of the Appalachian Trail, explore underground caves, or kayak on the Potomac River. Sample authentic Virginia ham, kick back at a local pub, and discover the best spots for a romantic getaway
- The best road trips in Virginia, including the scenic Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway
- Honest advice from local author Michaela Riva Gaaserud on when to go, what to pack, and where to stay, from campgrounds to historic inns
- Recommendations for families, LGBTQ+ visitors, seniors, international visitors, traveling with pets, and travelers with disabilities
- Thorough background on the culture, weather, wildlife, and history
State-hopping? Try Moon Maryland. Headed to the Smokies? Check out Moon Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Exploring more of the South? Try Moon North Carolina or Moon Charleston & Savannah.