HBR Guide to Performance Management (HBR Guide Series) | HBR Guide to Emotional Intelligence (HBR Guide Series) | HBR Guide to Dealing with Conflict (HBR Guide Series) | HBR Guide to Delivering Effective Feedback | HBR Guide to Leading Teams | HBR Guide to Managing Up and Across | Hbr Guide to Making Every Meeting Matter
Help your employees help themselves.
As a manager in todayâs business world, you canât just tell your direct reports what to do: You need to help them make their own decisions, enable them to solve tough problems, and actively develop their skills on the job.
Whether you have a star on your team whoâs eager to advance, an underperformer whoâs dragging the group down, or a steady contributor who feels bored and neglected, you need to coach them: Help shape their goalsâand support their efforts to achieve them.
In the HBR Guide to Coaching Employees youâll learn how to:
- Create realistic but inspiring plans for growth
- Ask the right questions to engage your employees in the development process
- Give them room to grapple with problems and discover solutions
- Allow them to make the most of their expertise while compelling them to stretch and grow
- Give them feedback theyâll actually apply
- Balance coaching with the rest of your workload
Arm yourself with the advice you need to succeed on the job, from a source you trust. Packed with how-to essentials from leading experts, the HBR Guides provide smart answers to your most pressing work challenges.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.