MCSA Windows Server 2016 Complete Study Guide: Exam 70-740, Exam 70-741, Exam 70-742, and Exam 70-743 | MCSA Windows Server 2016 Complete Study Guide: Exam 70-740, Exam 70-741, Exam 70-742, and Exam 70-743 | Learn PowerShell Scripting in a Month of Lunches | Windows Powershell Pocket Reference | Learn System Center Configuration Manager in a Month of Lunches | Windows Powershell in Action | Learn PowerShell Toolmaking in a Month of Lunches | Learn Active Directory Management in a Month of Lunches
Learn Windows PowerShell in a Month of Lunches, Third Edition is an innovative tutorial designed for busy IT professionals. This updated edition covers PowerShell features that run on Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 and later, PowerShell v3 and later, and includes v5 features like PowerShellGet.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
PowerShell is both a scripting language and an administrative shell that lets you control and automate nearly every aspect of Windows. It accepts and executes commands interactively and you can write scripts to manage most Windows servers like Exchange, IIS, and SharePoint, as well as online services like Azure and Office 365.
About the Book
Learn Windows PowerShell in a Month of Lunches, Third Edition is an innovative tutorial designed for busy IT professionals. Just set aside one hour a day - lunchtime would be perfect - for a month, and you'll be automating Windows tasks faster than you ever thought possible. This updated edition covers PowerShell features that run on Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 and later, PowerShell v3 and later, and includes v5 features like PowerShellGet.
- Learn PowerShell from the beginning, no experience required!
- Covers PowerShell v3 and up, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2 and later
- Each lesson takes you an hour or less
About the Reader
Experience with Windows administration is helpful. No programming or scripting experience needed.
About the Author
Veteran PowerShell MVPs Don Jones and Jeffery Hicks bring years as successful trainers to this concise, easy-to-follow book.
Table of Contents
- Before you begin
- Meet PowerShell
- Using the help system
- Running commands
- Working with providers
- The pipeline: connecting commands
- Adding commands
- Objects: data by another name
- The pipeline, deeper
- Formatting - and why it's done on the right
- Filtering and comparisons
- A practical interlude
- Remote control: one-to-one, and one-to-many
- Using Windows Management Instrumentation and CIM
- Multitasking with background jobs
- Working with many objects, one at a time
- Security alert!
- Variables: a place to store your stuff
- Input and output
- Sessions: remote control with less work
- You call this scripting?
- Improving your parameterized script
- Advanced remoting configuration
- Using regular expressions to parse text files
- Additional random tips, tricks, and techniques
- Using someone else's script
- Never the end
- PowerShell cheat sheet
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.