Written for Xcode 4, iOS 4 in Action guides you from setting up your development environment, through coding your first app, all the way to selling in the App Store. Work through sample applications including a chat client, a video game, an interactive map, background audio, and more as you explore the iOS 4 SDK.
About the Technology
Version 4 of the iOS SDK adds powerful new features like multitasking, GCD, blocks, and iAds. With the release of Xcode 4, it's easier than ever to get programming, even if you're new to Objective-C.
About the Book
iOS 4 in Action, written for Xcode 4, is a detailed, hands-on guide that goes from setting up your development environment, through your first coding steps, all the way to creating a polished, commercial iOS 4 application. You'll run through examples from a variety of areas including a chat client, a video game, an interactive map, and background audio. You'll also learn how the new iOS 4 features apply to your existing iOS 3 based apps. This book will help you become a confident, well-rounded iOS 4 developer.
Purchase of the print book comes with an offer of a free PDF, ePub, and Kindle eBook from Manning. Also available is all code from the book.
- Full coverage of iOS SDK 4.3
- Mastering Xcode 4
- Multitasking for iPhone and iPad
- Game Center, iAd, and AirPrint
- Local and push notification
- Implementing in-app purchasing
Who Should Read this Book
No previous iPhone or iPad know-how needed. Familiarity with C, Cocoa , or Objective-C helps but is not required===============================
Table of Contents
- Introducing iOS 4 with iPhone and iPad
- Learning Objective-C
- Using Xcode 4
- Xcode and debugging
- Basic view controllers
- Monitoring events and actions
- Advanced view controllers
- Data: actions, preferences, and files
- Data: advanced techniques
- Positioning: accelerometers, location, and the compass
- Media: images and the camera
- Media: audio and recording
- Graphics: Quartz, Core Animation, and OpenGL
- The web: web views and internet protocols
- Peer-to-peer connections using Game Kit
- Using Event Kit on the iPhone and iPad
- Local and Push notification services
- The Map Kit framework
- In-app purchasing using Store Kit
- Making money with iAd
- Introducing multitasking
- Multitasking in depth
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.