Applied Behavior Analysis for Teachers | Phonics and Word Study for the Teacher of Reading | Reading Problems | Learners With Mild Disabilities | Applied Behavior Analysis for Teachers | Positive Behavioral Supports for the Classroom | Assessing Learners With Special Needs | Differentiation and the Brain | Evidence-Based Instructional Strategies for Transition
With 8 million students in Grades 4â12 struggling to read on grade level, effective comprehension instruction is a top priority for middle and high school teachers. This teacher-friendly supplemental textbook fully prepares current and future educators to help all students "read to learn." With a strong emphasis on teaching a wide variety of struggling readers, this concise introductory text gives educators research-based knowledge on reading comprehension and the practical instructional techniques they need to explicitly teach comprehension skills. The ideal foundational text on comprehensionâand a great resource for in-service educatorsâthis accessible volume equips teachers with the critical background knowledge they need to strengthen every reader's confidence and competence.
GET TEACHERS READY TO
- Understand why some students struggle with comprehension
- Improve the comprehension skills of students with learning disabilities and English language learners
- Promote language developmentâthe foundation of reading comprehension
- Understand how basic reading skills affect comprehension and are addressed at the secondary level
- Modify texts and provide accommodations when necessary
- Identify pitfalls to common instructional practices and plan ways to differentiate for a wide range of learners
- Explicitly teach key vocabulary words students need to know to be better readers
- Help students connect new information to their existing knowledge as they read
- Plan instruction appropriate for the type of text being used
- Teach students how to read strategically and monitor their own comprehension
- Get students motivated and engaged
- and more
TEACHER-FRIENDLY FEATURES: Vignettes that model instructional techniques, "Dig Deeper" features with research-based enrichment information, "Practical Applications " features with supplemental information and resources.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.