Health U.: A Nutrition Curriculum for Teenagers with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities | Core Curriculum for Specializing in Intellectual and Developmental Disability | Management of Human Service Programs | Handbook of Developmental Disabilities | Disability | Health Matters | Understanding Families
With practical guidance on every stage of program development, readers will discover how to
- effectively communicate the key "selling points" of a health promotion program, from improved quality of life to reduced cost of health care
- win the support of everyone involved, from senior management to direct support staff
- manage practical aspects like budgeting, gathering resources, and recruiting staff
- use Universal Design to develop a program that welcomes people with intellectual, developmental, and physical disabilities
- motivate program participants with creative activities and strategies
- ensure lasting improvements in health behaviors by setting up environmental and organizational supports
- evaluate the program's outcomes and identify areas for improvement
To help them implement their own health promotion program, readers will get practical planning tools:
- a "getting started" checklist
- a sample Program Timeline and budget
- lists of Internet and community resources
- and assessment tools for determining their participants' needs, their current resources, and the success of their program.
The ideal complement to the proven Health Matters health education curriculum, this highly accessible program development guide will help service providers ensure better health—and better lives—for adults with a wide range of disabilities.
This edition also contains Health Matters for People With Developmental Disabilities: Creating a Sustainable Health Promotion Program
About: Adults with developmental disabilities are at significant risk for health problems.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.