Green Mountain Ghosts, Ghouls & Unsolved Mysteries | Haunted Vermont | Vermont Curiosities | Cursed in New England | Vermont's Haunts
Vermont's mysterious mountains, hills, and hollows are rich with timeless tales of ghosts, phantoms, and horrible haunts, and Joe Citro has been covering that "dead-beat" for over a decade. In The Vermont Ghost Guide you'll encounter:
- a poltergeist raining stones on a hapless North Pownal farm;
- Northfield's Phantom Gravedigger;
- a Ryegate ghostly door that appears and vanishes;
- Charles Dickens's ghost guiding a writer's hand in Brattleboro;
- a doppelganger's prediction of death in Cavendish;
- the Midnight Cow, haunting the highways;
- a miner's specter, embedded in stone;
- the mysterious Eddy Brothers who marked Vermont as "The Spirit Capital of the Universe";
- and many, many more.
But Be Warned! Citro's Vermont is not the idyllic New England wonderland of tourist bureaus and scenic postcards. These are shadowy haunts and whispered horrors, the ghosts, ghouls, gores, and mysteries of the Green Mountain State, rendered in eerie black-and-white by artist Steve Bissette. Perfect for visitors and residents, children and anyone else with an interest in or curiosity about Vermont history, legend, and lore, The Vermont Ghost Guide is sure to have a long shelf life and be of continuing interest for years to come.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.