Phonics and Word Identification | Teaching Reading in Today's Elementary Schools | You Haven't Taught Until They Have Learned | Mini lessons For Literature Circles | Literature Circle Assessment Projects | Moving Forward With Literature Circles | Literature Circles | The Book Whisperer | 25 Reproducible Literature Circle Role Sheets for Fiction And Nonfiction Books
In this thoroughly revised and expanded guide, you will find new strategies, structures, tools, and stories that show you how to launch and manage literature circles effectively. Advanced variations are explored and include alternatives to role sheets and flexible new guidelines for their use.
The second edition includes:
- four different models for preparing students for literature circles using response logs, sticky notes, and newly designed role sheets;
- dozens of variations on the basic version of student-led book clubs;
- new models and procedures for primary, intermediate, and high school grades;
- new materials for assessing and grading literature circles;
- an inventory of common management problems and solutions;
- new scheduling patterns for group meetings and reading time;
- ideas for using literature circles with nonfiction texts across the curriculum;
- research on literature circles, including correlation with increased achievement on standardized tests;
- an explanation of how literature circles match with the national standards for literacy education.
With detailed examples provided by twenty practicing teachers, Harvey Daniels offers practical and concrete suggestions for each aspect of book club management and proven solutions for problems that arise.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.