Environmental Policy | Field Guide to Tidal Wetland Plants of the Northeastern United States and Neighboring Canada | The Law of the Sea in a Nutshell | A Short Guide to Writing About Biology | Integrated Coastal and Ocean Management | Coastal Governance | Fish, Markets, and Fishermen
- significantly updated data and statistics including discussions of population and growth trends, federal and state coastal expenditures, disaster assistance expenditures, and damage levels from hurricanes and coastal storms
- updated legislative and programmatic material, including the Stafford Act and mitigation assistance programs, and changes in the Coastal Zone Management Act
- expanded coverage of physical and biological attributes and conditions of the coastal zone
- expanded and updated discussions of innovative local coastal management
- new chapters on creative coastal design and development and lessons from coastal programs in other countries
An Introduction to Coastal Zone Management, Second Edition is the only available book that addresses the serious coastal trends and pressures in the U.S., assesses the current policy and planning framework, and puts forth a compelling vision for future management and sustainable coastal planning. It is an important resource for undergraduate and graduate students of coastal planning as well as for local and state officials, residents of coastal communities, environmental advocates, developers, and others concerned with coastal issues.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.