Quick Answers, Solid Advice, Real Solutions. At last, it's all here in one book.
Make your shop complete with The Woodworker's Complete Shop Reference. It provides a comprehensive overview of woodworking - from selecting woods to finishing furniture - plus tips, guidelines and answers to all your most frequent questions.
It also addresses your #1 need - instant access to solutions for every woodworking dilemma. In fact, The Woodworker's Complete Shop Reference is the ultimate one-stop Q&A resource, no matter what your level of skill or experience. You'll find invaluable information on these topics and more:
- Wood: the fundamental characteristics and properties of hardwoods, softwoods and imports at a glance
- Hardware: everything you need to know about fasteners, knobs and brackets, how to install them, and working with the 32mm (Euro) system
- Shop math: ideas, formulas and charts for making shop math easier, quicker and, yes, pain-free
- Dimensions: guidelines for measuring and replicating furniture styles
- Hand tools: all about hand tools - planes, chisels and files
- Power tools: what they are and what they do, from miter saws to planers
- Glues and adhesives: types of glues and their advantages and disadvantages
- Joints: close-up illustrations of all the most common (and some not-so-common) joints
- Sharpening: complete coverage of angles, stones and grinders
- Finishing: guidelines for applying common stains and top coats
- Safely setting up a shop: invaluable safety tips and set-up guidelines
Each section is jam-packed with illustrations and photos, plus dozens of listings for sources and supplies.
But that's not all. You'll also find page after page of information on the world's most intriguing woodworking people, places and history, from Habitat for Humanity to The Furniture City of Grand Rapids, Michigan. It's everything you could want from a shop reference and much, much more!
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.