The social and shared interaction of learning through play is what informs the literate lives of children. Ready to Learn explores innovative ways teachers can use play-based activities to build a strong literacy foundation for young learners. Committed to creating classrooms that feature collaborative learning spaces where children work with their peers, assume roles and viewpoints, and communicate naturally with each other, this practical book shows teachers how to
• use play-based exercises to encourage learning through speaking, listening, creative thinking, and moving;
• recognize the power of math, science, technology, and computers in early learning;
• encourage hands-on experiences that are driven by children’s own desire to learn;
• respect children’s unique home background and the important role of family; and
• accommodate the different ways that children develop and learn.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.