Counseling Children and Adolescents | Leadership: Theory and Practice | Research Design: Qualitative, Quantitative, and Mixed Methods Approaches | Privilege, Power, and Difference | Assessment Procedures for Counselors and Helping Professionals | Essentials of Psychiatric Diagnosis | HBR's 10 Must-Reads On Leadership
Updated to align with the American Psychological Association and the National Council of Accreditation of Teacher Education accreditation requirements.
Focused on increasing the credibility of research and evaluation, the Fifth Edition of Research and Evaluation in Education and Psychology: Integrating Diversity with Quantitative, Qualitative, and Mixed Methods incorporates the viewpoints of various research paradigms into its descriptions of these methods. Students will learn to identify, evaluate, and practice good research, with special emphasis on conducting research in culturally complex communities, based on the perspectives of women, LGBTQ communities, ethnic/racial minorities, and people with disabilities. In each chapter, Dr. Donna M. Mertens carefully explains a step of the research process―from the literature review to analysis and reporting―and includes a sample study and abstract to illustrate the concepts discussed.
The new edition includes over 30 new research studies and contemporary examples to demonstrate research methods including:
- Black girls and school discipline: The complexities of being overrepresented and understudied (Annamma, S.A., Anyon, Y., Joseph, N.M., Farrar, J., Greer, E., Downing, B., & Simmons, J.)
- Learning Cooperatively under Challenging Circumstances: Cooperation among Students in High-Risk Contexts in El Salvador (Christine Schmalenbach)
- Replicated Evidence of Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Disability Identification in U.S. Schools (Morgan, et. al.)
- Relation of white-matter microstructure to reading ability and disability in beginning readers (Christodoulu, et. al.)
- Arts and mixed methods research: an innovative methodological merger (Archibald, M.M. & Gerber, N.)
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.