Under the supertech Coalition government, Fortuneâs colonists are enslaved to harvest the highly valuable brain-enhancing drug Yolk, often losing their sanity and lives in the process. The population is dying off and the planet is becoming a police state whose only purpose is to harvest Yolk. But a revolution is in the air, fueled by an unlikely band of rebels:
- Anna Landborn, a brilliant, sociopathic child, and her quiet, lethally gifted sister, Magali;
- Runaway Joel, a virtuous military pilot turned tormented smuggler;
- Milar Whitecliff, a tattooed, chess-playing fugitive full of hatred and heart;
- Doberman, a simple robot in the throes of a startling transformation;
- and Tatiana Eyre, a captured Coalition soldier torn between loyalty and love.
As their paths and fates collide, the battle to spark a full-scale uprising is violently challenged by the Nephyrs, the governmentâs elite army of sadistic, near-indestructible cyborgs. But the prophecies of a mad soothsayer have foretold the coming of a hero destined to turn the tideâand the fight for freedom is just beginning. Revised edition: Previously published as Outer Bounds: Fortune's Rising, this edition of Fortune's Rising includes editorial revisions.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.