This user-friendly resource helps students develop a clear understanding of a sequential, progressive bodywork approach for the entire body. The 4th Edition retains the original bookâs innovative approach to the integration of a variety of massage therapy approaches and adds new material that brings Scheumannâs work into a modern context.
New sections on research, updates on recent pain and fascia science, updated coverage of pathologies, and new material on client endangerment work, along with an enhanced array of teaching and learning resources, make The Balanced Body an important resource for both new and seasoned massage therapists.
- New Postural Evaluation charts provide photographs of real-life clients along with basic questions that help readers identify important patterns and apply concepts.
- New Endangerment Site drawings show areas of the body that require specific caution or care when doing massage therapy.
- Revised and updated coverage on the role and latest research of fasciaand pain science is integrated throughout.
- New Pathology sections describe conditions or diseases that may impact bodywork choices for specific areas.
- New in-book learning tools, including chapter objectives and postural evaluation guides, help students master the material and make the book easier to use. Â
- A new pathology appendix provides more detail on relevant pathologic situations.
- A new trigger point appendix provides trigger point charts for each body region.
- New Cautionary Notes alert readers to special cases and situations.
- A new full-color design clarifies key points and helps readers deepen their understanding of human anatomy as it relates to massage.
- New test questions coordinate with ELAP guidelines.
- Online videos feature the bookâs original author, Don Scheumann, demonstrating the how-toâs of key techniques.
- Session Impressions help students build critical thinking skills as they apply chapter material to real-world massage therapy scenarios.
- Essential Anatomy boxes cover the crucial anatomical information that students must master before learning a technique.
- Routines sections clarify the specific techniques to use when working on different areas of the body.
- Holistic Perspective sidebars examine how culture, beliefs, and emotions may contribute to postural and movement patterns.
About: Now in vibrant full color, this fully updated and revised 4th Edition of Scheumann's The Balanced Body: A Guide to the Integrated Deep Tissue Therapy System reflects the latest research in the field and brings a beloved technique manual up to date with current standards for evidence-informed practice.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.