Kafka Streams in Action: Real-time apps and microservices with the Kafka Streaming API | Visualizing Streaming Data: Interactive Analysis Beyond Static Limits | Stream Processing with Apache Flink: Fundamentals, Implementation, and Operation of Streaming Applications | Designing Distributed Systems: Patterns and Paradigms for Scalable, Reliable Services | Spark: The Definitive Guide: Big Data Processing Made Simple | Kafka | Designing Data-intensive Applications
Streaming data is a big deal in big data these days. As more and more businesses seek to tame the massive unbounded data sets that pervade our world, streaming systems have finally reached a level of maturity sufficient for mainstream adoption. With this practical guide, data engineers, data scientists, and developers will learn how to work with streaming data in a conceptual and platform-agnostic way.
Expanded from Tyler Akidau’s popular blog posts "Streaming 101" and "Streaming 102", this book takes you from an introductory level to a nuanced understanding of the what, where, when, and how of processing real-time data streams. You’ll also dive deep into watermarks and exactly-once processing with co-authors Slava Chernyak and Reuven Lax.
- How streaming and batch data processing patterns compare
- The core principles and concepts behind robust out-of-order data processing
- How watermarks track progress and completeness in infinite datasets
- How exactly-once data processing techniques ensure correctness
- How the concepts of streams and tables form the foundations of both batch and streaming data processing
- The practical motivations behind a powerful persistent state mechanism, driven by a real-world example
- How time-varying relations provide a link between stream processing and the world of SQL and relational algebra
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.