Practical SQL: A Beginner's Guide to Storytelling with Data | SQL Practice Problems: 57 beginning, intermediate, and advanced challenges for you to solve using a âlearn-by-doingâ approach | Sams Teach Yourself SQL in 10 Minutes | SQL Pocket Guide | Learning SQL | SQL Cookbook | SQL Guide
Businesses are gathering data today at exponential rates and yet few people know how to access it meaningfully. If you’re a business or IT professional, this short hands-on guide teaches you how to pull and transform data with SQL in significant ways. You will quickly master the fundamentals of SQL and learn how to create your own databases.
Author Thomas Nield provides exercises throughout the book to help you practice your newfound SQL skills at home, without having to use a database server environment. Not only will you learn how to use key SQL statements to find and manipulate your data, but you’ll also discover how to efficiently design and manage databases to meet your needs.
You’ll also learn how to:
- Explore relational databases, including lightweight and centralized models
- Use SQLite and SQLiteStudio to create lightweight databases in minutes
- Query and transform data in meaningful ways by using SELECT, WHERE, GROUP BY, and ORDER BY
- Join tables to get a more complete view of your business data
- Build your own tables and centralized databases by using normalized design principles
- Manage data by learning how to INSERT, DELETE, and UPDATE records
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.