The W3C XQuery 3.1 standard provides a tool to search, extract, and manipulate content, whether it's in XML, JSON or plain text. With this fully updated, in-depth tutorial, youâll learn to program with this highly practical query language.
Designed for query writers who have some knowledge of XML basics, but not necessarily advanced knowledge of XML-related technologies, this book is ideal as both a tutorial and a reference. Youâll find background information for namespaces, schemas, built-in types, and regular expressions that are relevant to writing XML queries.
This second edition provides:
- A high-level overview and quick tour of XQuery
- New chapters on higher-order functions, maps, arrays, and JSON
- A carefully paced tutorial that teaches XQuery without being bogged down by the details
- Advanced concepts for taking advantage of modularity, namespaces, typing, and schemas
- Guidelines for working with specific types of data, such as numbers, strings, dates, URIs, maps and arrays
- XQueryâs implementation-specific features and its relationship to other standards including SQL and XSLT
- A complete alphabetical reference to the built-in functions, types, and error messages
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.