Accelerate your development of PHP applications using the popular CakePHP web application development framework and unit testing. This short book shows you how to carry out test-driven development with fixtures, model tests, controller tests, mocks, and test suites. Learn CakePHP contains all you need to get started with the CakePHP framework to build faster, better PHP-based web applications.
You'll learn about unit testing and how to implement it in CakePHP. This approach to coding leads to better code, better applications, and better programming habits. With this knowledge your PHP skills will go from strength to strength allowing you to write more and improved code.
- What is unit testing and CakePHP and how to put the two together
- What is clean coding
- What is TDD and the development cycle using this approach
- How to work with fixtures, model tests, text callbacks, controller tests, and more
- How to do mocks, test suites, testing from the command line and more
- How to work with code coverage, fixtures data, and private methods
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.